Career Opportunity: Associate (Digital Strategy)
20 July 2020
Cape Town, South Africa
|Infrequent – site visits may be required to clients from time to time.|
|Contract: 30 – 45 hours per month|
ABOUT KRIEL & CO
Kriel & Co is an IMCSA accredited management consulting practice specializing in change management, digital transformation and mentorship. We actively serve clients in a variety of sectors with a proven track-record of delivering innovative, cost-effective and sustainable digital change. Our practice is primarily retained on a long-term project basis by clients to facilitate holistic digital transformation strategies and initiatives. Diversity is celebrated at our consulting practice as we believe the best strategies are the result of harnessing the strengths and perspectives of outstanding people from different cultures and backgrounds. Learn more about us and our work at www.krielandco.com.
OVERVIEW OF SCOPE AND PURPOSE
This contract role is an integral part of our team. A key component of successful change management and digital transformation requires a clear digital strategy and roadmap for each client. This role will work in an advisory capacity on a team, guiding consultants who focus on change and project management with a clear vision for implementation.
Key outcomes, deliverables and focus areas for this role includes:
- Designing digital roadmaps and strategies, as well as maintaining the strategy for the duration of a project.
- Undertake analysis and research for the implementation of the digital strategy.
- Supply budgetary input to the Project Management Associate on technology requirements, including but not limited to, licensing fees, setup costs, developer fees etc.
- Continuously and proactively research digital trends or developments that may impact the current or anticipated strategic outlook of the client.
- Assume ownership of advanced technical problems or matters delegated by the Project Management Associate that the client’s in-house resources (i.e., IT Support) cannot solve as part of the consultancy’s digital transformation roadmap.
- From time to time, facilitate a solution with technology partners, providers or the client’s in-house digital resources on resolving the above queries.
- Soundboard challenges pertaining to implementation with the project team from time to time.
Key outcomes not required for this role:
- Project management.
- Working directly with clients, client service experience or managing client expectations.
Our team has a high degree of emotional intelligence and demonstrate a great capacity for empathy in facilitating change in organisations. Our ideal associate is not only intellectually capable, but also inspires clients during challenging times of changes.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant tertiary education and academic track-record consistent with the general expectations for management consulting.
- Full proficiency and command of the English language.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Cloud (Office365 and Azure) and at least one other major cloud services platform (Google, AWS, Oracle).
DESIRABLE PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Our culture values an inclusive leadership culture which promotes a healthy balance of both confidence and humility.
- A Relationship-centric attitude.
- A commitment to undertaking work in-line with the code of ethics of the IMCSA.
- A calm, professional and consistent demeanor.
- Self-motivated with a strong and consistent work-ethic. You are a diligent and pro-active project planner, and do not need to be micro-managed.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A fine eye for detail and an analytical approach to work.
- Ability to successfully work under pressure or demanding timelines associated with the management consulting industry in general.
- Ability to work and relate to people from all walks of life.
- A constant need to learn, improve and grow as a professional. Open to mentorship initiatives with colleagues and partners.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.