Career Opportunity: Associate (Change Management)
07 December 2020
Cape Town, South Africa
ABOUT KRIEL & CO
Kriel & Co is an IMCSA accredited management consulting practice specialising in change management, digital transformation and mentorship. We actively serve clients in a variety of sectors with a proven track-record of delivering innovative, cost-effective and sustainable change with measurable impact.
Our consulting practice is primarily retained on a long-term project basis by clients to facilitate holistic digital transformation strategies and initiatives. Diversity is celebrated at our consulting practice as we believe the best strategies are the result of harnessing the strengths and perspectives of outstanding people from different cultures and backgrounds. Learn more about us and our work at www.krielandco.com.
OVERVIEW OF SCOPE AND PURPOSE
- Our growing practice and client portfolio requires an experienced Change Management Consultant, Change Manager or Organisational Psychologist to join our full-time team as an Associate to assume ownership of change and organisational design strategies for a portfolio of key clients.
- The role can expect to assume ownership of key high-profile client change strategies that the Consultancy currently facilitates. Your role will likely focus on clients in the following industries:
- Renewables and the Green Economy
- Accounting & Auditing
- Commercial Real Estate
- The Change Management Associate will work closely with a dedicated Project Management Associate and the Partner’s Executive Assistant in the planning, implementation and delivery of the change management plan and strategy for each client.
- The Associate is further supported with implementation by a team of specialist contractors on staff. They possess in-depth technical knowledge on a variety of technologies in the practical design of the digital strategy guided by the Partner. In-depth digital knowledge is therefore not required for this role; however, a general understanding of technology best practice is required.
- Day-to-Day deliverables include, but is not limited to:
- The design and delivery of organisational design and culture strategies.
- Devising effective change management strategies and the translation thereof into practical behavioural outcomes, milestones and objectives focused on digital transformation.
- The successful facilitation of training, development and related sessions with the client’s staff and executive leadership teams in-line with the client’s change plan and project milestones.
- Responding to staff in client organisations on change-related queries or matters as delegated / referred by the Project Management Associate for a response.
- Offering regular updates on progress, milestones and related behavioural changes during internal status meetings for the Project Management Associate to relay to the Client.
- Facilitating internal training and awareness or change best practices at the Consultancy or among the team.
Successfully managing the dynamic and evolving nature of complex change management strategies is an essential core competency for the role, along with excellent communication skills and professionalism when working with clients.
Our team has a high degree of emotional intelligence and demonstrates a great capacity for empathy in facilitating change in organisations. Our ideal Associate is not only capable, but also inspires clients during challenging times of change.
This role reports to the partner responsible for the client as well as the Project Management Associate on deadlines and delivery due dates.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- A post-graduate degree and academic track-record consistent with the general expectations for management consulting. A Tertiary Qualification in Organisational Psychology, Learning and Development is preferred.
- Change Management Experience – relevant certifications, work experience or credentials required.
- Prior management consulting experience, employment or contract work at an IMC-registered consulting firm or practice is deemed advantageous.
- Full proficiency and command of the English language.
- Tech-savvy and shares a passion for technology and digital transformation (no particular platform credential or certification required).
- The ability to intuitively navigate technology.
DESIRABLE PERSONALITY TRAITS
- The culture of The Consultancy values an inclusive leadership style which promotes a healthy balance of both confidence and humility.
- A relationship-centric approach in the management of clients and stakeholders.
- A commitment to undertaking work in-line with the code of ethics of the IMCSA.
- A calm, professional and consistent demeanor.
- Self-motivated with a strong and consistent work-ethic.
- A diligent and pro-active project planner, who does not need to be micro-managed.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to ‘work-from-anywhere’.
- A keen eye for detail and an analytical approach to work.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple projects and change-related stress professionally, in-line with the general requirements for management consulting.
- The ability to work and relate to people from all walks of life.
- A constant need to learn, improve and grow as a professional. Open to mentorship initiatives with colleagues and partners.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.